Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. (JA) is part of the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JA provides programs for students which focus on entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness. The goal is to teach concepts through experiential learning, allowing young people to put their new knowledge and skills into practice. For example, students in an elementary school might learn about unit versus assembly line production by producing donuts. Or high school students might participate in our popular JA Stock Market Challenge, a stock market simulation competition.
- Builds young people’s capacity to spur economic development and contribute to America’s global competitiveness.
- Inspires students to stay in school by demonstrating relevant benefits to education and work readiness.
- Partners with businesses to provide rewarding employee volunteer programs.
- Trains 6,000 volunteers to teach students through relevant, responsive, innovative programs in more than 500 participating schools.
- Reached more than 126,000 students throughout Metro Denver, Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming during the 2016/17 school year.
- Celebrated 67 years of service to Colorado in 2017.