What’s your next chapter?
Like many not-for-profits, the culture of Junior Achievement is a decidedly mission-driven one. From the board of directors to staff members, the JA community is filled with dedicated professionals committed to delivering its programs of hope and opportunity to students around the world.
Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and work readiness, JA inspires students to succeed in a global economy. Our success stems from great people who are team players and share a common enthusiasm for the great mission of this organization.
We encourage you to apply for a position and join a winning team of people, who educate and inspire students, helping prepare them for the real world.
There are three current job openings
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements (required) to Careers@JAColorado.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Position 1: Accounting Associate
We are seeking a versatile, detailed and enthusiastic individual to join the administrative team. The Accounting Associate has the role of supporting the efficient administrative operation of the organization and encompasses numerous aspects of bookkeeping and accounting functions, as well as office management.
- Timely and accurate payment accounts payable processing
- Timely and accurate invoicing/accounts receivable processing
- Develop, maintain and produce reports to assist staff
- Develop and maintain service and supplier relationships
- Maintain office files and records
- Office supply ordering and office equipment management
- General office support
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with some accounting courses, or an Associate’s Degree in accounting, or equivalent bookkeeping/accounting work experience. Must be comfortable with deadlines and managing multiple priorities. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Knowledge of QuickBooks desirable.
Position 2: Part-Time Communications Manager
As a Junior Achievement (JA) communications manager, you will be responsible for strategically positioning JA in the Front Range by developing a broader awareness of JA among the general public to engage and excite existing and new JA volunteers and supporters. This position is part of the communications department and reports to the director of communications. This is a part-time position and includes occasional evening/weekend work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Marketing and promotion of JA and its programs
- Media relations including social media & website administration (updating media lists, writing/editing press releases)
- Assist with writing and uploading email newsletters
- Design and create content for new marketing materials, consistent with JA branding guidelines
- Assist in the enhancement of JA websites and make updates to the sites as needed
- Managing projects (maintaining spreadsheets, creating reports)
- Administrative support for the director of communication (uploading videos, organizing pictures)
- Three to five years’ experience in marketing, journalism or communication
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong interest in online marketing
- An understanding of branding concepts and marketing principles
- High level of inter-personal and communication skills, with an ability to interface professionally with team members and senior management
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ad Words
- Experience using Constant Contact
- Demonstrated graphics talent and potential
- Passion for helping young people reach their potential
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week; flexible hours Monday through Friday. Part-time employees are entitled to vacation, sick and holiday benefits on a pro-rata basis.
Position 3: Executive Assistant
We are seeking a versatile, detailed and enthusiastic individual to join the administrative team. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the President/CEO. They will also provide support for the Development Team and the Board of Directors.
- Maintains calendar and contacts for President/CEO and master calendar for office
- Handles travel and meeting arrangements for President/CEO
- Ensures accurate and timely executive communication
- Tracks Board resources, introductions and engagement
- Takes, prepares and distributes minutes for all Board meetings
- Handles logistics for all Board and Committee meetings
- Manages Board recognition
- Manages executive contacts
- Assists in office management
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, at least three years of administrative experience, excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office), outstanding character and integrity, outstanding communication skills, professional demeanor and functions well under pressure. Must be comfortable with deadlines and managing multiple priorities. Knowledge of RaisersEdge is desirable. Passion for the mission of Junior Achievement.
The JA Apple Society was created to thank and recognize our amazing classroom volunteers for their dedication to JA’s mission. This exclusive recognition is earned by a steadfast commitment to engaging with students multiple times. Denver-area volunteers who inspired 250, 500, … Continue reading
What do I want to be when I grow up? This is something that every child wonders about. Fortunately for Eagle County students, Kevin Armitage and more than 60 other community members from dozens of local companies are stepping out … Continue reading