What’s your next chapter?
Like many nonprofits, the culture of Junior Achievement (JA) is a decidedly mission-driven one. From the board of directors to staff members, the JA community is filled with dedicated professionals committed to delivering its programs of hope and opportunity to students.
Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial responsibility and career readiness, JA inspires students to succeed in a global economy. Our success stems from great people who are team players and share a common enthusiasm for the great mission of this organization.
We encourage you to apply for a position and join a winning team of people who educate and inspire students, helping prepare them for the real world.
Special Events Manager
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, goal driven individual to manage its largest fundraiser, the JA Bowl-A-Thon. The JA Bowl-A-Thon, engages 5,000 participants from more than 100 companies. The event’s success is critical to ensuring that JA programs are offered at no cost to students or schools. The ideal candidate will be passionate about JA’s mission, and have the ability to develop and implement strategies to increase participation from new and existing companies and individuals.
- Skilled at sales, which involves recruiting new companies and individuals to participate in the JA Bowl-A-Thon and motivating them to reach their fundraising goals, as well as selling financial and In-kind sponsorships
- Proven track record of planning and executing large-scale successful fundraising events
- Competitive and results-driven with the ability to encourage companies and participants to fundraise
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituents including event sponsors, vendors, volunteers and participants
- Strong networking skills and familiarity of Colorado’s business community
- Ability to design and execute on internal and external communications strategies
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs and managing a database (Kintera, Qgiv/Hobnob and BCRM)
- Ability to prepare income and expense budgets, track cash flow and invoices
- May be asked to support other fundraising campaigns and events including: Colorado Business Hall of Fame, JA Stock Market Challenge, JA Golf Tournament and Golden Ticket.
- May be required to attend meetings, special events, and networking events outside of normal business hours
To apply, send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to Liz Johnson, Director of Special Events at LJohnson@JAColorado.org. This position is located in Denver, Colorado.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.