What’s your next chapter?
Like many nonprofits, the culture of Junior Achievement (JA) is a decidedly mission-driven one. From the board of directors to staff members, the JA community is filled with dedicated professionals committed to delivering its programs of hope and opportunity to students.
Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial responsibility and career readiness, JA inspires students to succeed in a global economy. Our success stems from great people who are team players and share a common enthusiasm for the great mission of this organization.
We encourage you to apply for a position and join a winning team of people who educate and inspire students, helping prepare them for the real world.
Director, Special Events
JA-Rocky Mountain is seeking an enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual to join its development team. This position will take the lead with the events team in the production of four major well known events, including the Colorado Business Hall of Fame, JA Stock Market Challenge, JA Bowl-A-Thon and the JA Golf Classic. Special events revenue for the 2016/17 FY is projected to gross $2.4 million.
- Skilled at sales in order to secure new and returning sponsorships and participation in JA special events
- Creative mind and proven track record of planning and executing large-scale successful fundraising events that engage and delight participants and volunteers
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituents including event sponsors, vendors, volunteers and participants
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to lead an events team to build and execute event funding strategies
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Passion for JA-Rocky Mountain’s mission demonstrated by volunteerism and/or previous work experience
- Familiarity with Colorado’s business community
- Desire to exceed expectations
To apply, send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to Lindy Lieg at llieg@JAColorado.org before January 13, 2017 This position is located in Denver, Colorado.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.