JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 6, 2014
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
This event is also supported by: Alpine Waste & Recycling and Pepsi Beverages Company
Casell Randle’s first experience as a business leader was in high school. His JA Company Program business, Sweets R Us, sold pastries and other food items to fellow students. The experience sparked an interest in Casell and led him to … Continue reading
Prologis is proud to be a responsible global citizen, and Junior Achievement (JA) recognizes the company’s support in Colorado and around the world. Prologis’ approach to corporate responsibility comprises three dimensions: the planet, people and excellence in business ethics and governance. … Continue reading
December 9 is Colorado Gives Day, presented by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank. While JA deeply appreciates your support every day of the year, the FirstBank Incentive Fund increases the value of every Colorado Gives Day donation. New this year! Your donation … Continue reading