JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 5, 2015
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Mounsey at 303-260-6286.
The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Empower Retirement.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Do you love attending your kids’ sporting events but you’re tired of dragging around your canopy, chairs, cooler, and fan in the sweltering heat weekend after weekend? If that’s you, then Sport Cabanas is for you! Sport Cabanas is the … Continue reading
Terry Enright, staff landman with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, is a veteran JA volunteer. For the past 15 years, Terry has imparted his business acumen and entrepreneurial knowledge to more than 350 students. In 2013, Terry was inducted into the JA Apple Society in recognition for … Continue reading
As a result of the annual 2015 Bank of America Junior Achievement Golf Classic, presented by RE/MAX, LLC., participants of the event helped Junior Achievement (JA) raise $391,470 to help ensure that Front Range schools continue to receive JA’s world … Continue reading