JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 6, 2014
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive. For information contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286. The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Great-West Financial and is also supported by AAA Colorado.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
During 2013/14, our research and evaluation team partnered with an external evaluator, Quantitative Research Evaluation & Measurement (QREM), to analyze our student impact. The quality of our programming was centered on measuring students’ understanding of our three pillars – Financial … Continue reading
As a Horace Mann insurance agent, Jerry Glunz works to build business relationships with schools by sponsoring school activities and educating educators about financial matters. Along the way, Jerry has found time to volunteer with JA. “I heard about JA … Continue reading
Junior Achievement’s Flagship Program Since 1919. Preparing Teen Entrepreneurs For 2019. Denver is one of 14 incubator sites included in the learning launch for the reimagined JA Company Program. The new online course will engage students with digital e-learning tools, … Continue reading