JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 6, 2014
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive. For information contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286. The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Great-West Financial and is also supported by AAA Colorado.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. (JA-Rocky Mountain) has won a 2014 MetLife Foundation “Sowing the Seeds of Entrepreneurship” Award, representing a grant of $10,000 for outstanding innovation and entrepreneurial approach to program development that enables youth to own their economic future. … Continue reading
When Tonya Mazurek, Vice President, Business Banking Officer at BBVA Compass, was asked to volunteer for BBVA’s semiannual JA in a Day, she eagerly stepped up. “I loved the idea that I could possibly make a difference in just one … Continue reading