JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 7, 2013
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive. For information contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
***High School Teachers – visit the student event page if you are interested in participating on November 7 or 8.
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6 to 10, 2013. Junior Achievement would like to thank all of the wonderful teachers who welcome JA volunteers into their classrooms. We appreciate you!
It was freshman year and our economics class entered to a Junior Achievement volunteer ready to teach us about business ethics. Honestly, as 14 year old freshmen, we didn’t think business ethics to be terribly applicable to our everyday lives, … Continue reading