JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 5, 2015
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Mounsey at 303-260-6286.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Corporate Event Sponsor
A record number of attendees paid tribute to Colorado’s distinguished business leaders at the unforgettable 27th annual Colorado Business Hall of Fame held on January 28 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. JA students had the honor … Continue reading
Western Union transfers employee time and talent to JA students Well-known for its role as a leader in global payment services and money transfer, Western Union is also a frontrunner when it comes to corporate social responsibility and financial education. … Continue reading