JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 6, 2014
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
This event is also supported by: Alpine Waste & Recycling and Pepsi Beverages Company
How many times have you heard the phrase “There’s no such thing as a free lunch”? We are taught from an early age to be skeptical of things that seem too good to be true. So it’s not surprising that … Continue reading
Volunteers embody the heart of Junior Achievement. Our passionate volunteers transform the key concepts of our lessons into a message that inspires and empowers students to believe in themselves, showing them they can make a difference in the world. We understand … Continue reading