JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 7, 2013
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive. For information contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286. The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Great-West Great-Teachers, a program of Great-West Financial and is also supported by Wells Fargo Advisors, AAA Colorado, and Husch Blackwell.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
High School Teachers:
Visit the student event page if you are interested in participating in the student version on November 7 or 8.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
JA is thrilled that Jennifer Leitsch, corporate responsibility manager for Prologis, is being recognized as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 for her outstanding community leadership. Sustainability is a cornerstone value at Prologis and Jennifer has a critical … Continue reading
JA is pleased to announce that Arrow Electronics is going to be the presenting sponsor of JA Business Week 2014! Thanks to Arrow, more than 270 high school students will gather at Johnson & Wales University from June 8 to 13 to reimagine … Continue reading
The Millennial generation wields powerful influence both on and offline. It comprises the largest segment of the U.S. population—more than 100 million members, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Given its sheer size, effectively engaging the Millennial generation is critical to the success … Continue reading