JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 5, 2015
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Mounsey at 303-260-6286.
The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Empower Retirement.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
The JA Apple Society was created to thank and recognize our amazing classroom volunteers for their dedication to JA’s mission. This exclusive recognition is earned by a steadfast commitment to engaging with students multiple times. Denver-area volunteers who inspired 250, 500, … Continue reading
What do I want to be when I grow up? This is something that every child wonders about. Fortunately for Eagle County students, Kevin Armitage and more than 60 other community members from dozens of local companies are stepping out … Continue reading