JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 5, 2015
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive.
To register, contact Shawna Mounsey at 303-260-6286.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Corporate Event Sponsor
Right now, your in-box and social media accounts are probably overflowing with opportunities for you take action, join now, hurry in, or sign up today. Now, imagine this magnified by 1,000 and you have a glimpse into the lives of … Continue reading
“Work” and “ready” are simple words that should be easy to define yet there is a vexing problem facing American businesses: today’s graduating students lack basic workplace skills and are unprepared to participate in a meaningful way in their employers’ … Continue reading
When Joe Farley, Data Entry Specialist at UniWyo Federal Credit Union in Laramie, Wyoming, entered Ms. Ward’s 6th grade classroom in the spring of 2011, he was eager to help students make meaningful connections with principles of economics and personal … Continue reading