JA Stock Market Challenge
All of the rush, none of the risk.
November 7, 2013
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable Center at the University of Denver
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge, a corporate event held in the evening, is fun at its most competitive. For information contact Shawna Robbins at 303-260-6286. The JA Stock Market Challenge is presented by Great-West Great-Teachers, a program of Great-West Financial and is also supported by Wells Fargo Advisors, AAA Colorado, and Husch Blackwell.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their “mock” stock portfolio to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge corporate event allow 1,000 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
High School Teachers:
Visit the student event page if you are interested in participating in the student version on November 7 or 8.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
A record number of students from 44 area high schools competed in this year’s JA Stock Market Challenge, presented by Great West-Great-Teachers, a program of Great-West Financial. Students got some hands on experience with investment strategies, carefully playing the game in … Continue reading
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. has received a $16,000 grant to support its entrepreneurship programs in 15 local Denver-area classrooms. Sam’s Club presented the grant in support of its focus on youth entrepreneurship education. “Knowledge of the free enterprise system, its benefits to … Continue reading
Technology and communications companies are no strangers to competition or community involvement. So it’s no wonder industry leaders jumped at the chance to compete against each other for the good of Colorado’s young people by joining the JA Communications & … Continue reading