JA Inspiration Scholarships are awarded to JA students who embody the JA spirit and show great promise in their futures. Since the program’s inception, JA has awarded $408,000 to 73 students.
Watch this video to hear what the scholarship committee looks for in an ideal JA Inspiration Scholar:
JA Inspiration Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Current or previous participation in at least one JA program in high school
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
- Work experience through a summer job or part-time employment during the academic year
- Graduate from a high school in one of the following Colorado or Wyoming counties: Adams, Albany, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Carbon, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Laramie, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Natrona, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco, Routt, Sedgwick, Sheridan, Summit, Sweetwater, Washington, Weld or Yuma
- Able to meet admissions standards for an accredited college or university first-time entering students
- Attend a public or private college, community college or university; note: this includes all accredited institutions granting 2-year and/or 4-year degrees
You can also apply for the JA USA Joe Francomano Scholarship, due February 1. Colorado students are strongly encouraged to apply. Students who participate in JA during high school, including JA Business Week, are eligible.
Visit College in Colorado for a comprehensive list of scholarships.