Parents & Students
Getting ready for the big, wide world.
As a parent, have you taught your child about budgeting and financial goals? As a student, do you know the elements of a good business plan? As the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy, JA brings real-world learning to the classroom — the kind that prepares students for college, helps them secure a job and succeed in life after school.
Plus, JA is fun. Here are just a few of the many things students can do and learn with JA.
- Sign up for JA Business Week, our annual summer business camp that lets high school students learn about business from 100 business professionals while working on an “Apprentice-style” project.
- Participate in our exciting and always popular JA Stock Market Challenge during which you and your teammates try to grow your mock stock portfolio to achieve the highest net worth. (Note: Student participation in this event must be initiated by your teacher.)
- Through our curriculum in the classroom, you can learn about a multitude of fascinating business topics, including world trade, the banking industry, personal finance, business ethics and much more.
- Ask your teacher about JA Finance Park where middle and high school students learn the ins and outs of creating and sticking to a personal and family budget.
- High school students participating in JA Company Program or JA Be Entrepreneurial should visit the Student Station for resources.
When Tonya Mazurek, Vice President, Business Banking Officer at BBVA Compass, was asked to volunteer for BBVA’s semiannual JA in a Day, she eagerly stepped up. “I loved the idea that I could possibly make a difference in just one … Continue reading
The impact Junior Achievement makes on a student today has been proven to have benefits for a lifetime. A survey of JA alumni found that: 94% report that JA makes them confident about working effectively in a team environment 90% … Continue reading
Junior Achievement has appreciated a decade-long partnership with Comcast, and was thrilled when Matt McConnell, Senior Vice President and GM of Comcast Wholesale, joined the JA Board of Directors in early 2014. Under Matt McConnell’s leadership, the mass media and … Continue reading