Parents & Students
Getting ready for the big, wide world.
As a parent, have you taught your child about budgeting and financial goals? As a student, do you know the elements of a good business plan? As the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy, JA brings real-world learning to the classroom — the kind that prepares students for college, helps them secure a job and succeed in life after school.
Plus, JA is fun. Here are just a few of the many things students can do and learn with JA.
- Sign up for JA Business Week, our annual summer business camp that lets high school students learn about business from 100 business professionals while working on an “Apprentice-style” project.
- Participate in our exciting and always popular JA Stock Market Challenge during which you and your teammates try to grow your mock stock portfolio to achieve the highest net worth. (Note: Student participation in this event must be initiated by your teacher.)
- Through our curriculum in the classroom, you can learn about a multitude of fascinating business topics, including world trade, the banking industry, personal finance, business ethics and much more.
- Ask your teacher about JA Finance Park where middle and high school students learn the ins and outs of creating and sticking to a personal and family budget.
- High school students participating in JA Company Program or JA Be Entrepreneurial should visit the Student Station for resources.
Paolo Diaz , director of K-8 programs for Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc., has made it an annual tradition to visit JA USA headquarters in Colorado Springs to take a photo by the signature JA triangle. This year, Paolo decided to … Continue reading
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. (JA-Rocky Mountain) partners with volunteers and teachers to inspire students to gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed and our efforts are paying off! JA-Rocky Mountain employs an external evaluation consultant to measure our impact … Continue reading
As a Horace Mann insurance agent, Jerry Glunz works to build business relationships with schools by sponsoring school activities and educating educators about financial matters. Along the way, Jerry has found time to volunteer with JA. “I heard about JA … Continue reading