Parents & Students
Getting ready for the big, wide world.
As a parent, have you taught your child about budgeting and financial goals? As a student, do you know the elements of a good business plan? As the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy, JA brings real-world learning to the classroom — the kind that prepares students for college, helps them secure a job and succeed in life after school.
Plus, JA is fun. Here are just a few of the many things students can do and learn with JA.
- Sign up for JA Business Week, our annual summer business camp that lets high school students learn about business from 100 business professionals while working on an “Apprentice-style” project.
- Participate in our exciting and always popular JA Stock Market Challenge during which you and your teammates try to grow your mock stock portfolio to achieve the highest net worth. (Note: Student participation in this event must be initiated by your teacher.)
- Through our curriculum in the classroom, you can learn about a multitude of fascinating business topics, including world trade, the banking industry, personal finance, business ethics and much more.
- Ask your teacher about JA Finance Park where middle and high school students learn the ins and outs of creating and sticking to a personal and family budget.
- High school students participating in JA Company Program or JA Be Entrepreneurial should visit the Student Station for resources.
December 9 is Colorado Gives Day, presented by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank. While JA deeply appreciates your support every day of the year, the FirstBank Incentive Fund increases the value of every Colorado Gives Day donation. New this year! Your donation … Continue reading
Students from 42 Colorado high schools converged to compete at 2014 JA Stock Market Challenge, presented by Great-West Financial last week. The JA Stock Market Challenge is a live stock market simulation game, featuring teams of students who compete to see who … Continue reading
Junior Achievement and the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce are pleased to announce the 2015 inductees into the Colorado Business Hall of Fame representing the state’s most distinguished cadre of business leaders from the past and present. Laureates, selected for … Continue reading