Imagine you’re The Donald. And these are your apprentices.
It happens again and again. Someone volunteers with JA, and he or she is so surprised at how rewarding the experience is. Maybe you help a young girl realize that she might use math in the job she wants to do every day. Or you might help a disadvantaged student discover that going to college can be a reality. However you help, you’ll soon discover that pushing a young person to reach for his or her dreams is just as satisfying as realizing your own. Better yet, JA makes volunteering easy with age-appropriate curriculum using real-world lessons about entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness.
- Keep kids in school and help them achieve their dreams.
- Be on the front line of changing current statistics regarding America’s competitiveness.
- Experience those “ah-ha” moments when one of your students grasps a new concept.
- Connect with your community, and learn about the challenges and successes local schools face.
- Sharpen your presentation and coaching skills.
- Represent your company and industry to students.
Still not sure? Sherry Mars, from Pinnacol Assurance, shares her volunteer experience.
Thank you to eveyone who volunteered in the fall of 2011! You can download your customizable volunteer certificate here.
More than 5,385 participants from more than 100 companies hit the lanes to help Junior Achievement (JA) provide financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurial programs to local students. The 30th annual JA Bowl-A-Thon, presented by Pinnacol Assurance, raised a record … Continue reading
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6 to 10, 2013. Junior Achievement would like to thank all of the wonderful teachers who welcome JA volunteers into their classrooms. We appreciate you!
It was freshman year and our economics class entered to a Junior Achievement volunteer ready to teach us about business ethics. Honestly, as 14 year old freshmen, we didn’t think business ethics to be terribly applicable to our everyday lives, … Continue reading