To a student, you’re not just a volunteer. You’re hope for the future.
Do you remember the first time you had to pay a bill on your own? Balance your checking account? Interview for a job? Now imagine tackling these major milestones without all of the tools and skills you need to succeed. Skills like basic financial knowledge, critical thinking, communication or even confidence.
Many of today’s young people lack the tools and skills needed to tap their unlimited potential and achieve a bright future. That’s the bad news. The good news is you can help change this by volunteering with Junior Achievement. You can make a connection with a student that is rewarding for you and motivating for them by simply sharing your life lessons and showing that you care about their future.
To a student, you’re not just a volunteer. You’re hope for the future. You’re a role model. That is why volunteering for Junior Achievement matters.
- Keep kids in school and help them achieve their dreams.
- Be on the front line of changing current statistics regarding America’s competitiveness. Experience those “ah-ha” moments when one of your students grasps a new concept.
- Connect with your community, and learn about the challenges and successes local
- Sharpen your presentation and coaching skills.
- Represent your company and industry to students.
- JA makes volunteering easy with age-appropriate curriculum using real-world lessons about entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness.
When Tonya Mazurek, Vice President, Business Banking Officer at BBVA Compass, was asked to volunteer for BBVA’s semiannual JA in a Day, she eagerly stepped up. “I loved the idea that I could possibly make a difference in just one … Continue reading
The impact Junior Achievement makes on a student today has been proven to have benefits for a lifetime. A survey of JA alumni found that: 94% report that JA makes them confident about working effectively in a team environment 90% … Continue reading
Junior Achievement has appreciated a decade-long partnership with Comcast, and was thrilled when Matt McConnell, Senior Vice President and GM of Comcast Wholesale, joined the JA Board of Directors in early 2014. Under Matt McConnell’s leadership, the mass media and … Continue reading