To a student, you’re not just a volunteer. You’re hope for the future.
Do you remember the first time you had to pay a bill on your own? Balance your checking account? Interview for a job? Now imagine tackling these major milestones without all of the tools and skills you need to succeed. Skills like basic financial knowledge, critical thinking, communication or even confidence.
Many of today’s young people lack the tools and skills needed to tap their unlimited potential and achieve a bright future. That’s the bad news. The good news is you can help change this by volunteering with Junior Achievement. You can make a connection with a student that is rewarding for you and motivating for them by simply sharing your life lessons and showing that you care about their future.
To a student, you’re not just a volunteer. You’re hope for the future. You’re a role model. That is why volunteering for Junior Achievement matters.
- Keep kids in school and help them achieve their dreams.
- Be on the front line of changing current statistics regarding America’s competitiveness. Experience those “ah-ha” moments when one of your students grasps a new concept.
- Connect with your community, and learn about the challenges and successes local
- Sharpen your presentation and coaching skills.
- Represent your company and industry to students.
- JA makes volunteering easy with age-appropriate curriculum using real-world lessons about entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness.
A record number of students from 44 area high schools competed in this year’s JA Stock Market Challenge, presented by Great West-Great-Teachers, a program of Great-West Financial. Students got some hands on experience with investment strategies, carefully playing the game in … Continue reading
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. has received a $16,000 grant to support its entrepreneurship programs in 15 local Denver-area classrooms. Sam’s Club presented the grant in support of its focus on youth entrepreneurship education. “Knowledge of the free enterprise system, its benefits to … Continue reading
Technology and communications companies are no strangers to competition or community involvement. So it’s no wonder industry leaders jumped at the chance to compete against each other for the good of Colorado’s young people by joining the JA Communications & … Continue reading