All of the rush, none of the risk.
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. JA Stock Market Challenge: Corporate Event is a fun competition and opportunity for corporations to support Junior Achievement.
How it works:
- More than 40 teams of eight compete to grow their mock stock portfolios to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $500,000 in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts eighty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- Participants must be on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
Proceeds from the JA Stock Market Challenge: Corporate Event allow 1,300 local high school students to participate in the student version of this event.
Check back later for details about the Fall 2019 JA Stock Market Challenge: Corporate Event!
Questions? Email Ellie Jordan at EJordan@JAColorado.org.