To prepare young people to thrive in the 21st century workplace and global economy by inspiring a passion in free enterprise and entrepreneurship, and instilling an understanding of personal financial literacy.
We will strengthen our states’ competitiveness by bringing together the region’s largest and best trained force of passionate volunteers to teach and inspire generations of young people to be financially literate, self-sufficient, and have a shared culture of optimism, zeal and enterprise.
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people; the JA experience will be extended to all young people and schools regardless of their ability to pay
- Commitment to the principles of capitalism
- Passion for what we do and promotion of a culture of integrity, ethics and trust
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives and backgrounds of all individuals
- Fostering a collaborative community of businesses, schools, volunteers and other service organizations
- We emulate entrepreneurial values in our business and encourage innovation, competition and risk
Entrepreneurship – JA students have the ability to identify business opportunities and apply effort and resources necessary to create new business endeavors.
Financial Literacy – JA students have a greater knowledge of economic concepts and terms for local and global enterprises and personal money management.
Work Readiness – JA students possess the knowledge of and ability to organize personal characteristics and goals to match needs presented in the workplace.