September 29 at 11 a.m. (MST)
This fall is about fresh starts. Travel has picked back up, businesses have reopened, kids are back in school and sporting events have fans again. But while it’s important to celebrate these fresh starts, we also must acknowledge the challenges, issues, and concerns that linger for so much of our Colorado community members – especially Hispanic and Latino families:
- Graduation rates for Hispanic and Latino students lag behind their white student counterparts (75% vs. 82%).
- 14% of the Hispanic and Latino families in Colorado fall below the poverty line, compared to 9.4% of Colorado’s overall population.
- And, of course, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our entire Colorado community – disproportionately impacting communities of color.
¡Súmate a nuestra misión!
At Junior Achievement, this means our mission isn’t over.
So this fall, our fresh start is re-igniting that mission—and we want you to join us.
Register Now for our JA Fall Volunteer Kickstart Webinar.
Junior Achievement motivates K-12 youth for future career success, self-sufficiency, and financial acumen. 37% of the students JA serves are Hispanic or Latino. To better serve these kids and teens, we need YOUR help.
Necesitamos tu talento para apoyar a niños, niñas y adolescentes en la comunidad hispano-latina.
Volunteers serve as role models, working directly with students, delivering JA lessons, and sharing their own stories and career and educational paths.
While we do need (and welcome!) volunteers of ALL backgrounds, we are especially focused on increasing Hispanic and Latino representation in our programs and classrooms. Currently, only 7% of our volunteers are Hispanic or Latino. ¡Únete a nuestro equipo!
Como voluntario, contribuyes a incrementar la representación hispano-latina en el salón de clases e impactas positivamente a nuestra juventud.
Join us on September 29th at 11 a.m. to learn more about how volunteering for just a few hours can make a big impact for youth in your community.
(And don’t worry – attending this webinar does not obligate you to volunteer with Junior Achievement – this is an informational session for all!)
What: JA Fall Volunteer Kickstart Webinar
When: September 29th, 11 a.m. MST
Where: Online via Zoom (but you must be registered!)
- Past volunteers who are ready to re-engage with JA
- Those interested in volunteering to help youth in our community
- Especially those of Hispanic and Latino descent as we look to actively improve representation in our Colorado classrooms
- ALL are welcome to attend – we are so grateful to have volunteers and people like you who care about the youth in our community get involved with Junior Achievement!
How: During this 30-minute webinar you will hear from a JA program staff member, current volunteers, and a recent alumnus about the impact of JA’s mission and work across Colorado. You’ll also hear about volunteer opportunities and the commitments we ask of our volunteers.
If you are concerned about youth in our community and want to make an impact, please register today for this event and consider joining us in our mission.