Help Junior Achievement mobilize the community to inspire young people to own their economic success and believe in the power of their own potential.
About JA-Rocky Mountain
JA-Rocky Mountain is part of the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JA-Rocky Mountain provides programs for students that focus on three key content areas: career readiness, entrepreneurship and financial responsibility. JA programs are free to Colorado and Wyoming schools thanks to the generous support of volunteers and donors.
JA-Rocky Mountain, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join its corporate volunteer relations team. They will be tasked with volunteer recruitment, placement, training, retention and communication as well as program implementation in support of JA’s mission and student outreach. The ideal candidate will be passionate about JA’s mission, and have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with corporate volunteer groups.
This position is part of the Programs team and reports to the Senior Education Engagement Officer.
- Passion for JA’s mission
- Excellent relationship building skills to engage new volunteer groups in volunteering with JA
- Skilled at sales, which involves recruiting new companies and individuals to volunteer with JA and motivating them to fulfill their commitments
- Ability to manage details and organization of complex projects and events, excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal communication skills to inspire volunteers during both in-person and virtual trainings and small group conversations
- Talent for training, motivating, and coaching others, ability to support volunteers through challenging situations
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- May be required to attend meetings, special events, and networking events outside of normal business hours
- Experience in project management, business sales, education, or a related field
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions from HR.
Terms of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- The salary range for this position is $47,000-51,000 – The salary will be commensurate with skill level and applicable experience
- JA-Rocky Mountain offers a competitive benefits package including (but not limited to):
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employee cost is 10% of the employee-only premium per month and any additional cost for spouse and/or family coverage if elected are paid by the employee
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment life insurance (no cost to employee)
- 403-B – JA-Rocky Mountain will match your salary deferrals up to 3% after your first anniversary as an active employee working more than 1,000 hours a year
- The company match amount is subject to a five year vesting schedule
- 1 or less years of service 0%
- 2 years of service 25%
- 3 years of service 50%
- 4 years of service 75%
- 5 years of service 100%
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 1-3 years of service – 19 days
- 4-9 years of service – 24 days
- 10-24 years of service – 29 days
- 14 Paid holidays (including Christmas through New Year’s)
- Cell phone reimbursement ($15-$30 per month)
Junior Achievement is committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity. We encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply.
In all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@jacolorado.org by the end of the day on June 29, 2022.