What’s your next chapter?
Like many nonprofits, the culture of Junior Achievement (JA) is a decidedly mission-driven one. From the board of directors to staff members, the JA community is filled with dedicated professionals committed to delivering its programs of hope and opportunity to students.
Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial responsibility and career readiness, JA inspires students to succeed in a global economy. Our success stems from great people who are team players and share a common enthusiasm for the great mission of this organization.
We encourage you to apply for a position and join a winning team of people who educate and inspire students, helping prepare them for the real world.
Job Title: Development Manager
Help Junior Achievement (JA) inspire generations of young people to believe in the power of their own potential by joining JA’s development team as Development Manager.
JA-Rocky Mountain seeks to hire a dynamic, goal-oriented professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. More specifically, we are looking for someone who thrives in a sales role – for JA that’s getting out and talking to prospects about our IMPACT, and generating resources from those conversations. This professional must be results driven, motivated to work independently and proactively, committed to working with the development team to support overall fundraising efforts, and passionate about JA’s mission. The Development Manager will report directly to the Executive Vice President.
- Thrives on cultivating relationships — The right person should have a successful background in sales or non-profit development, and demonstrated they aren’t afraid of failure.
- Takes risks and is persistent – The right person keeps working towards the goal, despite roadblocks and rejections, and is constantly thinking about new strategies.
- Is an action-oriented, strategic, organizer – The right person is methodical without letting process slow them down, they outline a strategy for each prospect or opportunity, from initial preparation and phone call to the final follow-through.
- Loves learning and growing – The right person is open to professional coaching, and is always open to new ways of doing things.
- Thrives in a team environment – The right person understands they are better for being part of a larger team, and seeks out opportunities to engage others around strategy and support.
- Developing and maintaining holistic partnerships with businesses in metro Denver
- Providing outstanding customer service to prospects and supporters
- Works in concert with the development team, CEO, and Board of Directors to identify and solicit support from companies that have both the interest and the capacity to support JA
- Scheduling and conducting meetings as well as presentations
- Writing proposals, letters and reports
- Tracking actions and results in database
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of proven success in outside sales or non-profit development
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, motivated to identify and seek answers to questions and issues that arise on his/her own. Must be creative and able to “think outside the box”
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with business executives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written, including public speaking
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact professionally with colleagues
- Ability to think strategically, willingness to implement programs and be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven organization/planning skills
- Familiarity with metro Denver
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to Careers@JAColorado.org.
About JA-Rocky Mountain
JA-Rocky Mountain is part of the world’s largest organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JA-Rocky Mountain provides programs for students that focus on three key content areas: career readiness, entrepreneurship and financial responsibility. JA programs are free to Colorado and Wyoming schools thanks to the generous support of volunteers and donors. For more information, visit www.JAColorado.org.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.