Educational Operations Manager
Are you an outgoing education enthusiast who believes that all kids, no matter their socioeconomic status, race, or background, deserve role models who will show them a path forward to a successful future? Every day, Junior Achievement (JA) is introducing students to new career opportunities, providing them the tools and knowledge to attain those careers, and showing them how they, as adults, will be able to buy their first home and support their family in a financially responsible way. If you are a motivated and energetic person passionate about advancing learning experiences for our community’s youth, then JA wants to hear from you!
This position will play a key role in creating successful experiences for teens in JA Finance Park. JA Finance Park, presented by Transamerica, is a 7,000 square-foot immersive budgeting simulation located inside of American Furniture Warehouse in Thornton. Teens become “adults” for the day, budgeting for items like insurance, childcare, home mortgages, transportation, utilities, and more, learning important lessons about financial responsibility along the way from staff and volunteer role models. A virtual version of JA Finance Park is also available for students.
The individual in this position will be responsible for managing the registration process and external customer support for on-site and virtual programming. The registration process includes school and volunteer registration, pre-visit communication with educators and volunteers, data entry, and managing behind-the-scenes communication with JA staff. In addition to the above, this role supports daily operations of the program, working directly with students, teachers, and schools.
- Goal-orientated, ability to thrive under pressure, self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to develop and strengthen relationships with current and prospective stakeholders
- Ability to manage details of projects, programs, and events, which includes multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills are essential for occasional JA Finance Park facilitation when students and volunteers are in the facility
- General administrative support, such as data entry and other related duties as needed
- Strong understanding of the educational landscape and experience working with schools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience in education, program management, project management, or related field
- Passion for JA-Rocky Mountain’s mission demonstrated by volunteerism and/or previous work experience
- Ability to pass required background check
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@JAColorado.org by July 28, 2021. Please name your resume and cover letter file attachments in the following way: “Firstname_LastName_Resume” and “Firstname_Lastname_Cover.” Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
This is a full-time position. For most of the school year, work will be conducted in person at our Thornton Finance Park location. Work may be conducted remotely during summers and other days when programs are not scheduled at Finance Park.
None. This position reports to the Director of JA Finance Park.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions from HR.
Terms of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000. The salary will be commensurate with skill level and applicable experience.
- JA-Rocky Mountain offers a competitive benefits package including (but not limited to):
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employee cost is 10% of the employee-only premium per month and any additional cost for spouse and/or family coverage if elected are paid by the employee
- Group term life and accidental death and dismemberment life insurance (no cost to employee)
- JA-Rocky Mountain will match your salary deferrals up to 3% after your first anniversary as an active employee working more than 1,000 hours a year
- The company match amount is subject to a five year vesting schedule
1 or less years of service 0%
2 years of service 25%
3 years of service 50%
4 years of service 75%
5 years of service 100%
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 1-3 years of service – 19 days
- 4-9 years of service – 24 days
- 10-24 years of service – 29 days
- 14 Paid holidays (including Christmas through New Year’s)
- Cell phone reimbursement ($15-$30 per month)
Junior Achievement is committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity. We encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply.
In all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
About JA-Rocky Mountain
Junior Achievement’s (JA) purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a 21st-century global economy. It accomplishes this by providing practical career readiness, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship lessons to students in grades K-12. On average, JA reaches 100,000 students annually. Programs are offered at no cost to schools or families thanks to donor support and a network of 5,300 volunteers. For more information, visit www.JAColorado.org.