JA Inspiration Scholarship
2013/14 Academic Year
The JA Inspiration Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship award, distributed in increments of $2,500 each year for four years. Scholarships are granted to four graduating high school seniors in the Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain, Inc. territory.
Mark Your Calendar for the Paying for College Video Conference
- 3pm-4pm on March 12, 2014
- Login at 2:50pm to the iMeet video conference by clicking here.
- Co-hosted by JA and College in Colorado for all graduating high school seniors
Apply for the JA Inspiration Scholarship today!
The application deadline has been extended to February 21, 2014.
Download the application to review the application details, requirements, and instructions.
- 2014 JA Inspiration Scholarship Application Editable Word Document
- 2014 JA Inspiration Scholarship Application Printable PDF
Watch this video to hear what the scholarship committee looks for in an ideal JA Inspiration Scholar:
2014 JA Inspiration Scholarship Applicant Requirements:
- Current or previous participation in at least one JA program in high school
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
- Work experience through a summer job or part-time employment during the academic year
- Graduate from a high school in one of the following Colorado and Wyoming counties: Adams, Albany, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Carbon, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Laramie, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Natrona, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco, Routt, Sedgwick, Sheridan, Summit, Sweetwater, Washington, Weld, or Yuma
- Able to meet admissions standards for an accredited college or university first-time entering students
- Attend a public or private college, community college, or university; note: this includes all accredited institutions granting 2-year and/or 4-year degrees
You can also apply for the JA USA Joe Francomano Scholarship, due February 1. Note: an Aurora student received this award, and Colorado students are strongly encouraged to apply. Students who participate in JA during high school, including JA Business Week, are eligible!
Visit College in Colorado for a comprehensive list of scholarships.
2012/13 Academic Year
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. (JA) received 119 applications for their JA Inspiration Scholarship during the 2012/13 academic year, the most applications it has received since the program’s inception in 2007. JA Inspiration Scholarships are awarded to JA students who embody the JA spirit and show great promise in their futures. Since the program’s inception, JA has awarded more than $310,000 to 54 students.
During a reception at the Denver Country Club on June 4, 2013 that was attended by JA supporters including Mayor Michael Hancock, JA announced this year’s JA Inspiration Scholarship recipients.
JA is providing $8,000 scholarships to following college-bound recipients:
- Ezana Alem, graduated from South High School attending Mt. San Antonio College
- Anastasia Lawrence, graduated from Jefferson High School attending University of Colorado Denver
- Linda Medina Martinez, graduated from Sheridan High School attending Colorado State University
- Anthony Sanford, graduated from East High School attending Pepperdine University
JA awarded a $4,000 scholarship to:
- Courtland (CJ) Manning, graduated from Grandview High School attending University of Colorado Boulder
JA awarded $2,000 scholarships to:
- Cerena Gallegos, graduated from Denver Center for International Studies attending the University of Denver
- Hassan Mayange, graduated from Denver West High School and attending Johnson & Wales University
JA awarded $1,000 scholarships to:
- Madeline Bruno, graduated from East High School attending Bates College
- Anna Krauss, graduated from George Washington High School attending Colby College
JA is thrilled that Jennifer Leitsch, corporate responsibility manager for Prologis, is being recognized as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 for her outstanding community leadership. Sustainability is a cornerstone value at Prologis and Jennifer has a critical … Continue reading
JA is pleased to announce that Arrow Electronics is going to be the presenting sponsor of JA Business Week 2014! Thanks to Arrow, more than 270 high school students will gather at Johnson & Wales University from June 8 to 13 to reimagine … Continue reading
The Millennial generation wields powerful influence both on and offline. It comprises the largest segment of the U.S. population—more than 100 million members, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Given its sheer size, effectively engaging the Millennial generation is critical to the success … Continue reading