JA Inspiration Scholarship
JA Inspiration Scholarships are awarded to JA students who embody the JA spirit and show great promise in their futures. Since the program’s inception, JA has awarded $386,000 to 69 students.
Watch this video to hear what the scholarship committee looks for in an ideal JA Inspiration Scholar:
JA Inspiration Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Current or previous participation in at least one JA program in high school
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
- Work experience through a summer job or part-time employment during the academic year
- Graduate from a high school in one of the following Colorado and Wyoming counties: Adams, Albany, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Carbon, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Laramie, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Natrona, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco, Routt, Sedgwick, Sheridan, Summit, Sweetwater, Washington, Weld, or Yuma
- Able to meet admissions standards for an accredited college or university first-time entering students
- Attend a public or private college, community college, or university; note: this includes all accredited institutions granting 2-year and/or 4-year degrees
You can also apply for the JA USA Joe Francomano Scholarship, due February 1. Colorado students are strongly encouraged to apply. Students who participate in JA during high school, including JA Business Week, are eligible.
Visit College in Colorado for a comprehensive list of scholarships.
2015 JA Inspiration Scholars
The 2015 scholarship recipients will be honored at a reception at the Denver Country Club on June 4, 2015.
JA awarded four-year scholarships to:
- Jazmin Garcia, York International
- Mathivadhani Harikrishnan, Rock Canyon High School
- Ashley Pearl Mahan, Mountain Range High School
- Jillian Troftgruben, Grandview High School
- Ariel Doub, Boulder High School
- Kennede Reese, St. Mary’s Academy
- Kayla Steffens, Englewood High School
- Elijah Ullman, Monarch High School
As a result of the annual 2015 Bank of America Junior Achievement Golf Classic, presented by RE/MAX, LLC., participants of the event helped Junior Achievement (JA) raise $391,470 to help ensure that Front Range schools continue to receive JA’s world … Continue reading
If we could sign your yearbook, we’d tell you that you’re awesome!
For the past nine years, my company has given me time-off to volunteer as a Company Advisor (CA) for Junior Achievement Business Week: a one-of-a-kind summer camp that exposes high school students to the excitement and challenge of the business … Continue reading