JA Inspiration Scholarship
2014/15 Academic Year
The JA Inspiration Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship award, distributed in increments of $2,500 each year for four years. Scholarships are granted to four graduating high school seniors in the Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. territory.
Download the 2015 JA Inspiration Scholarship Application
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 15 at 5 p.m.
Watch this video to hear what the scholarship committee looks for in an ideal JA Inspiration Scholar:
2015 JA Inspiration Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Current or previous participation in at least one JA program in high school
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
- Work experience through a summer job or part-time employment during the academic year
- Graduate from a high school in one of the following Colorado and Wyoming counties: Adams, Albany, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Carbon, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Laramie, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Natrona, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco, Routt, Sedgwick, Sheridan, Summit, Sweetwater, Washington, Weld, or Yuma
- Able to meet admissions standards for an accredited college or university first-time entering students
- Attend a public or private college, community college, or university; note: this includes all accredited institutions granting 2-year and/or 4-year degrees
You can also apply for the JA USA Joe Francomano Scholarship, due February 1. Note: an Aurora student received this award, and Colorado students are strongly encouraged to apply. Students who participate in JA during high school, including JA Business Week, are eligible!
Visit College in Colorado for a comprehensive list of scholarships.
2013/14 JA Inspiration Scholars
Junior Achievement-Rocky Mountain, Inc. (JA) received more than 100 applications for their JA Inspiration Scholarship during the 2013/14 academic year, the most applications it has received since the program’s inception in 2007. JA Inspiration Scholarships are awarded to JA students who embody the JA spirit and show great promise in their futures. Since the program’s inception, JA has awarded $349,000 to 64 students.
A reception at the Denver Country Club on June 3, 2014, that was attended by JA supporters including Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, celebrated this year’s JA Inspiration Scholarship recipients. View the event photo gallery.
JA is providing $10,000 scholarships to following college-bound recipients:
- Bruce Ahn, Rangeview High School
- Michael Hansen, Boulder High School
- Dania Hernandez, Jefferson High School
- Jaimie Zhu, Fairview High School
JA awarded a $4,000 scholarship to:
- Chrystina Cheng, Cherokee Trail High School
JA awarded a $1,000 scholarship to:
- Soren Fuchs, East High School
Casell Randle’s first experience as a business leader was in high school. His JA Company Program business, Sweets R Us, sold pastries and other food items to fellow students. The experience sparked an interest in Casell and led him to … Continue reading
Prologis is proud to be a responsible global citizen, and Junior Achievement (JA) recognizes the company’s support in Colorado and around the world. Prologis’ approach to corporate responsibility comprises three dimensions: the planet, people and excellence in business ethics and governance. … Continue reading
December 9 is Colorado Gives Day, presented by the Community First Foundation and FirstBank. While JA deeply appreciates your support every day of the year, the FirstBank Incentive Fund increases the value of every Colorado Gives Day donation. New this year! Your donation … Continue reading