JA Inspiration Scholarship
JA Inspiration Scholarships are awarded to JA students who embody the JA spirit and show great promise in their futures. Since the program’s inception, JA has awarded $386,000 to 69 students.
Watch this video to hear what the scholarship committee looks for in an ideal JA Inspiration Scholar:
JA Inspiration Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Current or previous participation in at least one JA program in high school
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
- Work experience through a summer job or part-time employment during the academic year
- Graduate from a high school in one of the following Colorado and Wyoming counties: Adams, Albany, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Carbon, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Laramie, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Natrona, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco, Routt, Sedgwick, Sheridan, Summit, Sweetwater, Washington, Weld, or Yuma
- Able to meet admissions standards for an accredited college or university first-time entering students
- Attend a public or private college, community college, or university; note: this includes all accredited institutions granting 2-year and/or 4-year degrees
You can also apply for the JA USA Joe Francomano Scholarship, due February 1. Colorado students are strongly encouraged to apply. Students who participate in JA during high school, including JA Business Week, are eligible.
Visit College in Colorado for a comprehensive list of scholarships.
2015 JA Inspiration Scholars
The 2015 scholarship recipients will be honored at a reception at the Denver Country Club on June 4, 2015.
JA awarded four-year scholarships to:
- Jazmin Garcia, York International
- Mathivadhani Harikrishnan, Rock Canyon High School
- Ashley Pearl Manan, Mountain Range High School
- Jillian Troftgruben, Grandview High School
JA awarded one-time scholarships to:
- Ariel Doub, Boulder High School
- Kennede Reese, St. Mary’s Academy
- Kayla Steffens, Englewood High School
- Elijah Ullman, Monarch High School
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4 to 8, 2015. Junior Achievement would like to thank all of the wonderful teachers who welcome JA volunteers into their classrooms. We appreciate you!
Nelnet is working to make educational dreams possible. Headquartered in Lincoln Nebraska with locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, Nelnet associates serve customers throughout the education life cycle, helping families plan and pay for college. Nelnet makes another very important … Continue reading
Nicole Staudinger’s first experience with Junior Achievement dates back nearly 15 years. As a new officer for FirstBank, Nicole was introduced to Junior Achievement through the JA Bowl-A-Thon. She started volunteering in the classroom and after her first class of … Continue reading