Training Videos (3-5 minutes each)
- Observe a live volunteer! The Real Volunteer Experience module shows a JA volunteer teaching a high school class.
- Middle & High School Classroom Management, Part 1 – Do you have questions about the behaviors you might encounter in the classroom? This video provides helpful tips and techniques.
- Middle & High School Classroom Management, Part 2 – This video will help you manage behaviors and keep students focused on learning outcomes.
- Elementary Classroom Management, Part 1 – Learn techniques to help you connect with students.
- Elementary Classroom Management, Part 2 – This video provides useful and easy to implement classroom management tips.
- JA in a Day Overview – Do you have questions about how the day will flow, where to go or how to prepare? Watch this short video to prepare for your volunteer experience.
- Traditional Classrooms – Are you wondering what to wear, where to park or what to bring? Learn the answers to your questions and more.
Preparing For Your JA Class
- Customizable Program Certificates – Program-specific customizable certificates of completion that you can print from your color printer.
- Bilingual Classrooms – A one-page guide for volunteers preparing to teach entirely or partially in Spanish
- Teaching in Teams: Tips and Suggestions – One page of tips and suggestions to save you preparation time and ensure a seamless partnership
- JA in a Day Timeline – Overview for how a JA in a Day unfolds, from beginning to end
- JA in a Day “Frequently Asked Questions” – Online listing of common logistic and classroom questions
- Alignment to Colorado State Standards – Overview for how Junior Achievement programs support educational standards, with links for elementary, middle and high school programs which detail the alignment of individual lessons
- JA Finance Park – An overview of JA’s financial literacy simulation in which middle and high school students immerse themselves in a reality-based decision making process addressing aspects of individual and family budgeting.
Elementary School Teaching Tips and Supplements
Middle School Teaching Tips and Supplements
As the city basks in the success of another tremendous Denver Startup Week, it is evident that an entrepreneurial spirit is part of our identity as Coloradoans. Our state was built by resilient pioneers who conquered new frontiers to make … Continue reading
While JA’s mission centers on teaching financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship to as many students as possible, there is a concentrated effort to reach low income students in our communities. During the 2014/15 school year, 46% of the students who participated in JA … Continue reading
The sophomore through senior classes walked into the assembly to hear about something called Junior Achievement at our high school. They said it was an after school program for kids who will create a company, make and market a product … Continue reading