Many of the resources listed below are available in .pdf format. If you need the viewer, please visit www.adobe.com.
JA in a Day
- JA in a Day Overview - Do you have questions about how the day will flow, where to go or how to prepare? Watch this short video to prepare for your volunteer experience.
- JA in a Day Timeline - Three-page overview for how a JA in a Day unfolds, from beginning to end, in PDF format
- JA in a Day “Frequently Asked Questions” - Online listing of common logistic and classroom questions
Preparing For Your JA Class
- Leading a JA Session – Introduction: In this video you will learn student engagement strategies and gain an understanding of the workshop model instruction. Watch as the JA volunteer shares the days learning goals, gauges what the students already know and presents new information in a JA session.
- Leading a JA Session – Activity: This video will share suggestions for managing the activity portion of a JA session including how to lead a smooth activity, engage the students in the learning process and turn the work of learning over to the students.
- Leading a JA Session – Summary and Review: After the excitement of an activity remember that the JA session isn’t over! During this important portion of a JA session watch as the volunteer helps the students reflect on the day’s learning and then leads a review of the concepts taught.
- Traditional Classrooms - Are you wondering what to wear, where to park or what to bring? Watch this short video to learn the answers to your questions and more.
- Bilingual Classrooms - A one-page guide for volunteers preparing to teach entirely or partially in Spanish, in .pdf format.
- Teaching in Teams: Tips and Suggestions - One page of tips and suggestions to save you preparation time and ensure a seamless partnership, in PDF format.
- Customizable Program Certificates – Program-specific customizable certificates of completion that you can print from your color printer.
- Alignment to Colorado State Standards - Overview for elementary, middle and high school programs, detailing the educational standards supported by the individual lessons of each Junior Achievement program, in PDF format
- Ignite Overview - Detailed overview of the Ignite project, which brings JA’s proven programs to students of low-income schools within four districts. Programs are presented by well-trained volunteers from dedicated partnering companies to reach 90% of all students in the project schools within a three-year period.
- JA Finance Park - Financial literacy simulation in which middle and high school students immerse themselves in a reality-based decision making process addressing aspects of individual and family budgeting.
- JA Volunteer Connection - JA newsletter designed to provide practical tips and tools to help volunteers be successful in the classroom.
Elementary School Curriculum
Elementary School Classroom Management
- Part 1: As you prepare for your volunteer experience, watch this short video to learn techniques on connecting with students. PDF Supplement
- Part 2: After watching Elementary Classroom Management- Part 1, view this video to learn and observe useful classroom management tips. PDF Supplement
Middle School Curriculum
Middle and High School Classroom Managment
- Part 1: Do you have questions about the behaviors you may encounter in the classroom? If so, watch this short video and learn tips and techniques you can use when working with students. PDF Supplement
- Part 2: After watching Middle & High School Classroom Management Part 1, watch this video to learn tips for managing the classroom and keeping the students focused on learning outcomes. PDF Supplement
JA is thrilled that Jennifer Leitsch, corporate responsibility manager for Prologis, is being recognized as one of the Denver Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 for her outstanding community leadership. Sustainability is a cornerstone value at Prologis and Jennifer has a critical … Continue reading
JA is pleased to announce that Arrow Electronics is going to be the presenting sponsor of JA Business Week 2014! Thanks to Arrow, more than 270 high school students will gather at Johnson & Wales University from June 8 to 13 to reimagine … Continue reading
The Millennial generation wields powerful influence both on and offline. It comprises the largest segment of the U.S. population—more than 100 million members, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Given its sheer size, effectively engaging the Millennial generation is critical to the success … Continue reading