Training Videos (3-5 minutes each)
- Observe a live volunteer! The Real Volunteer Experience module shows a JA volunteer teaching a high school class.
- Middle & High School Classroom Management, Part 1 – Do you have questions about the behaviors you might encounter in the classroom? This video provides helpful tips and techniques.
- Middle & High School Classroom Management, Part 2 – This video will help you manage behaviors and keep students focused on learning outcomes.
- Elementary Classroom Management, Part 1 – Learn techniques to help you connect with students.
- Elementary Classroom Management, Part 2 – This video provides useful and easy to implement classroom management tips.
- JA in a Day Overview – Do you have questions about how the day will flow, where to go or how to prepare? Watch this short video to prepare for your volunteer experience.
- Traditional Classrooms – Are you wondering what to wear, where to park or what to bring? Learn the answers to your questions and more.
Preparing For Your JA Class
- Customizable Program Certificates – Program-specific customizable certificates of completion that you can print from your color printer.
- Bilingual Classrooms – A one-page guide for volunteers preparing to teach entirely or partially in Spanish
- Teaching in Teams: Tips and Suggestions – One page of tips and suggestions to save you preparation time and ensure a seamless partnership
- JA in a Day Timeline – Overview for how a JA in a Day unfolds, from beginning to end
- JA in a Day “Frequently Asked Questions” – Online listing of common logistic and classroom questions
- Alignment to Colorado State Standards – Overview for how Junior Achievement programs support educational standards, with links for elementary, middle and high school programs which detail the alignment of individual lessons
- JA Finance Park – An overview of JA’s financial literacy simulation in which middle and high school students immerse themselves in a reality-based decision making process addressing aspects of individual and family budgeting.
Elementary School Teaching Tips and Supplements
Middle School Teaching Tips and Supplements
High School Teaching Tips and Supplements
For volunteers facilitating JA Company Program and/or JA Be Entrepreneurial, visit the Student Station for program resources.
JA also encourages volunteers to connect with each other through the Volunteer Leadership Council. Learn more here.
Matt Stotler, senior vice president and banking regional manager for Merrill Lynch and Bank of America, has made volunteering for Junior Achievement part of his banking career the past 20 years. Investing in our young people with the business skills … Continue reading
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4 to 8, 2015. Junior Achievement would like to thank all of the wonderful teachers who welcome JA volunteers into their classrooms. We appreciate you!
Nelnet is working to make educational dreams possible. Headquartered in Lincoln Nebraska with locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, Nelnet associates serve customers throughout the education life cycle, helping families plan and pay for college. Nelnet makes another very important … Continue reading